Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kill your PITAs

So I sit here contemplating the murder mystery series I want to write someday.  Why you ask.  So I can murder my PITA’s.  In my family that’s not just a flatbread great with hummus, it’s short for Pain in the Ass.  I have spent years working in the corporate world and watched Performance Coaches make millions speaking and writing about leadership.  But, if a tree falls in the woods and no one is listening… I think you know where I am going with this.

Why is it that “leadership” still thinks that it is effective and appropriate to use negativity and threat to produce results?  There is some amazing literature out there on how to motivate for peak performance, to develop people by coaching and mentoring.  What leadership manual are they working from?

So I try to decide, who’s next?  How?  Maybe I could work it into my paranormal.  Weres and vamps are so handy that way. Have you ever been tempted to murder a PITA?  What about an ex?  In my current manuscript, one of the vamps killed his fiancée while a new vamp and out of control.  I gave her the last name of an ex.  Don’t get mad…

After all, they say you should write what you know? How about you?  No names needed, unless you want to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment