Thursday, September 1, 2011

Taking Charge: Bob Mayer's "Write It Forward"

Just a quick post for today.

I am reading  Bob Mayer's book Write It Forward. In a changing writing and publishing environment it is a must read for those who want to take charge of their success as a writer.  Bob,(I hope I can call kim that) is a multi-pubbed author and the founder of Who Dares Wins Publishing. Perhaps more important is his military background in the Green Beret.  He learned his focus and ability to motivate himself and others there.

I have always been a person who took charge of my own future, but lately I have felt a loss of control. The economy has battered us all, publishing is shifting sands--nothing is as easy as it use to be.Bob Mayer's  Write It Forward is the shot in the arm I needed right now.  It reminded me to start with a strategic goal and build from there.  Having a goal that is specific and measurable was the piece I had lost.

I have written my strategic goal for my writing.  Have you?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention and good luck with your goal-- remember-- hard work trumps all else

    ReplyDelete